Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hi Baby

They ask me am I okayThey ask me am I happy
Are they asking me this
Because of the shit thats been thrown at me
Or am I just a little snappy
And they geniunely care?
Baby most of my life its been
Just you and me there

Baby, you dont needa go the same route I went. I look at the girls on PT and some of them are your age and I wanna cry for them. I wanna cry for you. You. You're being raised in a loving environment. You tell your mommy and daddy everything and you have two brothers that, even though you think I'm crazy now, I swear you're gonna be grateful for when you get older. I'm scared for you. Next year you're gonna be a highschool and honey, I know that its hard out there. Please don't go down the same road I've gone down. If God is out there, and if He is listening to me, please just protect my cousin. She doesn't needa go down this path, she doesn't needa know anything about this kind of darkness.
I remember the day my mom and I drove to your house. She was in tears, and you were bewildered. We had suitcases, boxes, everything we owned in the back of our car. You didn't ask many questions, but I remember the look on your face when I told you there was a reason Uncle Dave wasn't with us. You told me we could stay for as long as we liked, you gave up half your bedroom. You told me about the boy you liked and about the girl who got her period. You've confided in me for years. We're close, yet I've never told you about the cutting, about what it felt like to watch the water wash all the blood away, about sitting on the floor of my bathtub, thinking about swallowing shampoo, cutting the vein wide open with a razor, wishing there was some form of physical hurt that could make me forget about the hurt inside of me. I don't think you understand what its like to be at your lowest. I pray you never have to experience that. You, you're naturally beautiful and you're going to drive the boys crazy in high school. Don't let them change you. I let a "good boy" change me and baby I regret it to this very day. Stand by your morales, have faith in what you believe in and never give up on yourself. See, because there are very few people in this world who are good, and I think you are one of those people. If I could tell you this in person, I would. I never had a younger sister. I would say "I wish you were my younger sister" but I wouldnt wish anyone into this fucked up family. Don't drink. Drinking will mess up your life. Don't have sex. You'll die. Haha, no but seriously, don't be loose in high school, it will just come back to bite you in the ass. Don't say things you're going to regret, because even though it might feel empowering to say them then, you're gonna feel guilty for it for the rest of your life. Baby, live your life good. Live it happy. You're beautiful the way you are, I swear it.
I love you so much
-Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment