Saturday, November 26, 2011

The question...

He's the only one who stuck by me throughout these years. I was depressed, I was self harming, I was doing everything I could to push everyone away from me, but he held on. He held on for so long. He knows everything about me. He knows what I went through and he knows how self destructive I am. He is the only one who I feel safe with, the only person I feel comfortable enough around to wear shorts. Shorts, ha ha. What a shallow object, yet an object that makes me feel so self concious. While self harming, I was always very paraniod. I didn't want to get caught, so I never did it on my arms. I did it on my hip bones and on the insides of my thighs. Now there are scars that aren't fading, scars that I kill myself trying to cover. Even in 3 hundred degree weather, I wear jeans, just so that nobody can see behind the act I work so hard to keep up. Yet, I feel so in touch with myself when I'm with him, that I feel comfortable enough to wear shorts. He's the only one whos seen my scars.
He loves me despite them
God, hes my best friend, and I  hate keeping this from him. But I'm terrifyed. Terrified that if I told him he'd ask me the one question I can't answer.
"If you have an ED, why aren't you skinny?"
God if he only knew.....

No comments:

Post a Comment